Gluten, Wheat and Milk Free Black Bean Brownies
Gluten, Wheat and Milk Free Black Bean Brownies, yummy!!
These are my absolute favourite! I am forever looking for ways to make cake healthy. I know what you are thinking… but it can be done and here is the perfect example.
These black bean brownies are free from wheat, gluten and milk although they do contain egg.
Beautifully moist and so delicious, you don’t need to feel guilty eating these that’s for sure. Packed with fibre from the dates and black beans and a good source of protein due to the ground almonds.
I was so pleased with how this recipe turned out, I make these on a weekly basis and enjoy them after lunch!
- 1 tin of black beans (drained)
- 300g stoned dates (soft are the best)
- 80g Cocoa Powder
- 50g Coconut Oil (you can buy this in B&M at around the same price as butter gram for gram)
- 100g ground almonds
- 3 eggs
- Flaked Almonds
- In a good blender combine the dates, black beans and cocoa powder until it is nearly completely smooth – this may take a little while.
- Add the eggs and blend again.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave and add along with the ground almonds. Blend until combined and then spread this mix onto a small baking tray, sprinkle with flaked almonds and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- This may initially seem a little dry but is will moisten up once left overnight. These will last about 3-4 days in an airtight container or you could freeze them.
P.S. Remember to post your photos of this recipe on our Facebook page or tag us on Twitter @Prewetts1872 or Instagram @prewettsglutenfree