Why not try making yummy gluten free Rocky Road bars using our delicious and versatile digestives. A great recipe for kids and they will never guess that it’s gluten free.
Add marshmallows, nuts, dried fruit – whatever you fancy.
Use coconut oil instead of butter and dairy free chocolate to make it dairy free.
• 160g Dark Chocolate
• 160g Milk Chocolate
• 120g Butter
• 40g Golden Syrup
• 100g Sultanas
• 2g Salt
• 200g Prewett’s Gluten Free Digestive Biscuits
• 170g Glace Cherries
• Icing sugar to dust
Customise your gluten free Rocky Road bars by adding nuts or dried apricots, flaked coconut or little bits of fudge and make it even more indulgent.
• Line a small baking tray with baking parchment
• In a large bowl crush the biscuits until you have some crumbs and some pieces that are about a quarter of a digestive in size, mix this with the glace cherries, sultanas, and salt.
• In a microwavable dish add the butter, chocolate and Golden Syrup and place in the microwave until completely melted. Its best to do this in 30 second blasts so the chocolate doesn’t burn, stir after every 30 seconds.
• Add the melted mix to the dry mix and stir until completely mixed in.
• Add this to the baking tray and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until it is set.
• Dust with icing sugar
Cut into chunks and serve
P.S. Remember to post your photos of this recipe on our Facebook page or tag us on Twitter @Prewetts1872 or Instagram @prewettsglutenfree