Prewett’s Gluten-Free Chocolate Fridge Cake
This no-bake gluten-free cake is very easy and quick to make. Delicious and intensely chocolatey with a hit of juicy raisins, apricots, and crunchy biscuits, serve this indulgent chocolate fridge cake as a teatime treat.
250g Prewett’s gluten-free chocolate digestive biscuits (2 packs)
150g/5oz milk chocolate
150g/5oz dark chocolate
100g/3½oz unsalted butter
150g/5oz golden syrup
100g/3½oz dried apricots, chopped
Makes 16 squares Time taken: Less than 30 minutes
- Line a 20cm (8in) shallow, square-shaped tin with cling film. Ensure enough cling film is used, so it can hang over the sides of the tin.
- Bash the Prewett’s chocolate digestives into pieces using a rolling pin (put the biscuits in a plastic bag so they don’t go everywhere). Ensure the biscuit pieces aren’t too small, as they want to be clearly visible.
- Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir the mixture occasionally.
- Once everything is melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the broken biscuits, apricots and raisins.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Level the surface pressing it down with the back of a large metal spoon.
- Leave to cool, then put the mixture into the fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- Once set, turn out the cake and peel off the cling film. Cut the cake into 16 squares and enjoy!
Post your photos of this recipe on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram @prewettsglutenfree