Gorgeously Gluten Free Rocky Road
This simple to make and delicious gluten free rocky road is the perfect treat. It contains lots of yummy ingredients, no baking is required, and will only take you 15 minutes.
75g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate (broken into squares)
2tbsp golden syrup
150g (1 pack) Prewett’s Rich Quadruple Chocolate cookies
100g (1 pack) Prewett’s Chocoful Bars
75g mini marshmallows
75g glacé cherries
75g chopped almonds (alternatively to almonds, plump sultanas are a tasty option)
30g dark chocolate
Handful of marshmallows
Makes 24 squares Time taken: 15 minutes
- Into a medium pan, add the butter, chopped up chocolate and syrup and melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Once smooth, remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes. Whilst the mixture is cooling, break/chop the biscuits into bite size chunks.
- Next, chop the glacé cherries into quarters.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper. I used a 25 X 15cm tin, but you can use any size tin you like, as long as it has sides.
- To the melted chocolate mixture, add the biscuits, marshmallows, glacé cherries, and nuts (or sultanas) and stir gently to combine. Then pour the mixture into the prepared tin, and level out (I used the back of a spoon to do this). Chill in the fridge for about 2 hours until set.
- To decorate, melt the dark chocolate in a small pan on a low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove the chocolate from the heat, and drizzle over the rocky road. Lastly, distribute the marshmallows on top. Cut into 24 squares and serve. It’s quite rich, so a little does go a long way!
Post your photos of this recipe on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram @prewettsglutenfree